Tuesday, March 29, 2005

More Chicken Shit

Last night, Sacha, Jojo and I had dinner at a wonderful Indian place called Trisha's in Newtown. Last night, I stayed over at Jojo's to get my stuff and promptly threw up repeatedly in the toilet, thanks to what apparently must have been the coconut milk in the Indian food. Ive had Indian food here before and nothing happened to me but I guess my stomach has been battered by several layers of tim tams and an attempt to have caffeine during the previous week - unsuccessful as I had to drink my Novalucid to save my sorry ass - so it finally had enough and heaved itself up. Im taking it as a sign to detox, so thats what Im going to do. Heck, maybe Ill even lose some weight.

This weekend was Easter, where I went to Moroubra for an Easter Barbecue with my cousins and was promptly bored again - its really hard to fit into a close knit group, and sometimes you dont even think its worth the effort to be the 13th person in it. Dont get me wrong, they're all very nice people and I like them. Being with them in smaller divisions of their group is fun but as a whole they're so in sync (forgive the boy band reference) I just dont feel as though I should intrude, or that they are my group. No hard feelings. I missed mass because I thought there was a 6pm one but there wasnt. I spent Monday veging out and returning my wooly blouse to glassons where they gave me store credit instead of cash.

Yesterday Jojo and I set out to watch Bebel Gilberto, but her concert was cancelled. ("She hurt her back! You don't sing with your back! They shouldve just put her in a wheelchair and wheeled her on stage" - Jojo) Instead we dropped off a camera at Nic's (Sanya's friend who I have possibly met once and now know vicariously) auntie's place. It was like this minimalist, industrialist apartment tucked into this corner in the middle of the city, almost dodgy and affluent at the same time. Jojo was the only one that went down, and he said it was nice and minimalist - to the point of almost communism - inside. He kept trying to persuade me and Sacha to live there.

After this, we went to the aformentioned dinner which lead to the aformentioned worship of the porcelain god. Thanks to Jojo I got my laptop and a bunch of clothes (i love you jennybabes!) and was feeling a bit weak due to the night's indigestion so I decided to meet up with my uncle, who has an office in the city and leave the big bag of things with him to take home later. Fortunately he agreed so we met at the corner of pitt and liverpool and I gave him the stuff. I took the train home - there was a crazy guy who kept cursing the train and its lateness sitting right behind me at the station - and walked a bit in the drizzle. I dropped off my resume at Banjo books, despite the fact that they probably wouldnt have any casual positions open in 6 months, and headed home for a lunch of soup, toast and showbag crisps.

On the way home I noticed that the house at the top of chester had recently added chicken poo to its gardens. Chicken poo is popular fertilizer over here, though as I may have said before I cant understand why, you would really need literally a shitload to fertilize a garden, chickens are small, you know. Where we live on chester, the street is divided into 2 by Norfolk road, aka road of the cars that speed even if the corner is near a school and come out of nowhere like ferrari drivers. (Australians are friggin crazy. They drive too fast. This is from someone who comes from Manila and has ridden with Mang Coco and Tarshy) On the top of our part of the street, right near norfolk is the orthopedist with the chicken poo yard. I pass it everyday and there is no way to avoid it because only his side of the road, not ours has the sidewalk. So far his has been the only funny smelling house in our street. Now, though the house at the top of the street, on the other half, on the way to and from the station has chicken pooed its gardens. Fortunately, next time I can always cross the street because this one has two sidewalks.

And that's all the chicken shit we have for today...

No comments: