Friday, October 06, 2006

Me in tidbits

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. The adapter of my computer broke and I have been using Sacha's PC. Today I finally uploaded all my pictures. Eventually I will blog in more detail about what's happened but here's an excerpt so far...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's me on a colorful bench on Brunswick Street in Melbourne. I went over for four days and stayed with my friend Cat-Cat. A lot of it was spent walking around the city, exploring and of course, eating my way through one of my favorite cities.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Last weekend I went to the Grand Philippine Fiesta. For the first time in almost two years I ate bibingka, which I stood in line for 2 hours for. It wasn't even that good but I was kind of desperate. Here's me eating bananacue!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's me and my friend Ala doing the Coogee to Bondi Walk. Just finished that today. It is 5KM and it usually takes about 2 hours but because we walked leisurely and took pictures everywhere, it took about 5. We also had a lovely (but cold!) dip in Bronte Beach.

Eventually we got to Bondi, where there was, for the first time in my life, no one on the beach except black wetsuit clad surfers riding the waves. There were no tourists, just a handful of people. Maybe it was because it was a cold day, or the surf was strong but there was no one out there except the hard core real surfers, the kind that are really from here, as opposed to the back to back throes of tourists that are usually basking in the sun.

So here's what I've been up to so far. Hope to post something longer when I can...

No comments: