Monday, May 23, 2005

Haven't got much time to post

Been very very busy what with moving to Leichhardt and academic stuff and all. Ive sort of put the job hunting on hold until I can sort out my exams, as I have a lot of projects and the like. Whoever said school in Australia would be easy was either lying or taking undergrad. Postgrad is no joke and so much work that we've even got americans saying that the workload is too much (these are americans from good universities...).

So short summary of what's happened so far
- I flunked a midterm, but its redeemable with the projects and a final. This is what you get for looking for a house instead of studying, but Im chalking that up to settling
- On the other hand, i passed and did actually do well (since passing was high in this case) my Entity Relationship Diagram Assignment for BIS, shock of my life. I spent a lot of time and consulted enough people on that damn thing, so Im glad I did it. Today I have to cram for the related quiz...
- Have moved to Leichhardt. (See notes below) The pictures are of my housemates cute doggies, Moses the Kelpie and Toby the Jack Russel who is blind and has a cute little dog tag that says "Be Kind Im Blind"
- Went to another Winesoc dinner, and have been hanging out with my Winesoc friends - aka we are United Colors of Benetton - more often. For more details on this and my friend Laura's 22nd (yes they are all so much younger), click on the flickr on the right hand side. I make no excuses for the penis balloon she made in my house. She did that one on her own. I have now hidden it under my bed in preparation for today's house inspection.
- I have successfully done my own laundry, all by myself! Go me! (nothing turned pink, too!)
- I am a starving student, literally. I am sick of instant pasta meals but I have no choice. I have to save money, because although Ive still got a healthy amount, most of it is going to go to rent and transpo over the next week or so. I will not be asking my mother for money (so no good intentioned people better mention it!) as she has this wonderful tendency to rub it back in my face when she feels like it, so here's hoping I get a job in July. In the meantime, Im eating peanut butter.
- My housemates are excellent cooks. Every night they have wonderful meals. And I have something sucky. :( oh well. And we need a non-stick pan.
- I met smart Americans! I have 2 friends now who are smart. And boys too (literally, as they are 21) People from where I used to work - they exist! (yep, im mean)
- We are having a house inspection today so my house is very very clean
- Apparently we have a literal cat burglar. The neighborhood cat sneaks into the house every now and then at night and turns things over and sleeps on the couch and messes up the food garbage.
- I have a quiz today and a quiz tomorrow and I left my marketing book on a bus and have to buy a second hand one for fifty bucks. Considering it cost 120 before its a bargain.
Must study for quiz now!!! More sometime soon, hopefully.....

No comments: