Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm moving!

An excerpt from my letter to various relations:

Anyway, i am moving to a house in liechhardt, in the inner west, 10 minutes from uni by bus and about 15 minutes to the city. It is an older house, rent is 125 a week and the bills come quarterly. They also have cable internet and broadband, which we all split on a monthly basis. I think it is a pretty good deal considering this is a good neighborhood and the room is pretty big. They are lending me a queen sized bed and a bedside table/dresser. The rest i am getting somehow.
The people in my house are around my age. There is one girl and two boys. The girl is a graphic designer, the guy is in construction but broke his leg and the other guy is a sound engineer. There are also two dogs, toby (jack russel) and moses (mixed breed). They are pretty laid back and seem cool. - i actually meant the people here, not the doggies. :P
The house is fairly quiet except for the airplanes that pass overhead every now and then (this happens everywhere in the inner west). It is a five minute walk from Norton St, the main road and buses leave every five minutes for uni and arrive about as frequently althroughout the day and up to late at night. Liechhardt is the italian area and the main road is full of restaurants and cafes. It is very famous for the "italian forum" which has all the good italian restaurants. This also means that there should be a catholic church somewhere very nearby.

My cousin came to see the house with me and she liked it, and even lamented the fact that my room was bigger than hers :P

Im excited as Im getting visitors this year! Derrick is coming in July, Jakiepoopoowoowoo is coming in November and Pupi is coming over - when are you coming over, pupi?!? I have noticed however, that as much as i love my guy friends, i seem to have no female friends that love me except for Sanya who is coming next year for bluesfest. Hello girlfriends, when are you coming over?!?! (Oliiiiiviiiiiaaaaaa!!!)

So there you go. Im moving next weekend, which is the same time that they will be having a barbecue with friends. I hope that my cousins can hang around too, so that I actually know people. They are really into music, one of the guys has a band and according to the girl (his girlfriend, he has just actually also moved in, last week) he is planning to put in a drum set downstairs in the store room, where you cant really hear much.

Am planning to decorate room with a poster of the Sandman, if I can find one, and a collage of postcards posted on manila paper (does manila paper exist here?) . Also possibly a poster of a nice beach. Hoping to transform the room queer eye style (Naks!).

More updates as they happen!

No comments: