Sunday, July 31, 2005

Someday, I'll be Nigella Lawson. In the meantime, the kitchen really stinks.

In preparation for my diet this week, i have been cooking cooking and cooking. Okay since there is a limit of things that I can cook, its mostly been omelettes and things. I went to the grocery store earlier today and bought things to cook. So far I have made 3 omelettes with variations of roast turkey, ham, asparagus, mushrooms and cheese and stored them, because I am a lazy breakfast maker and cereal isnt allowed until possibly week 3. I also cooked an entire can of spam lite, which is allowed.

I am now frying bangus in olive oil. The instructions say 8 minutes on each side. Its been approximately 2 mintues and my kitchen smells like fish already. Ive closed all possible doors, opened the door to the garden, put on the kitchen fan and it stinks. This is why I deliberately waited until my housemates were gone before I cooked.

I am also cooking spaghetti sauce, which can be eaten without the pasta. I have cooked the beef the right way but right now it is sitting on a pot in my stove because I cant open the freaking sauce jar and believe me Ive been trying since 3ish. Its already five. Ive been outside the house twice to see if there is anyone who I can accost to open the jar for me but nooooo.

Everything is getting stored in nice little tupperware containers in my fridge for microwaving. I also have sirloin which I bought to make tapa with. Mum has sent instructions, etc. and I think i will have time to make them sometime on Wednesday or Thursday (Im so scheduled this week its not funny) but I may have bought the wrong thing. It also cost $14. I have never paid that much for meat, which is the sign that I may have bought the wrong thing. Well, no matter what happens I'll end up cooking it anyway, somehow some way...

No comments: