Friday, July 08, 2005

Excerpts from my week

These are all excerpts from letters or other journal entries...

7/4/05 10:50 am

I am officially a DUPPIE - a depressed urban professional which is defined as a person who once had a high power job but is now unemployed.

I actually do miss the call center i worked for but I am glad I am not there right now. They are in worse chaos than they were when I was there and they have one less person to keep things in control (not to be mayabang or anything). In fairness, I do give my babies pep talk calls every now and then.

I got this definition from the Cosmo Philippines that my mommy brought. I have all these nice things, but still no stiletto heels. (heheheh)

Last night part of my dream included wrestling over laundry with my friend from work, Eric. He was making ligaw this girl secretly and he put the evidence in my laundry. When he was about to be discovered he stole my laundry - we were perhaps, in a mall, a very white and shiny one - in its shangrila laundry bag and went running around in it. Of course I chased him and we were wrestling for the laundry on the floor. I kept saying, "Eric what about my underwear, I need my underwear. Give it back." It was very funny.

7/8/05 08:29 am

Today I woke up and there was another dog in the house. My housemate
says he's a stray that wandered in. I suppose that we are going to
find his owner. He is a gigantic labrador just like the one in
spanglish (or gus, if anyone remembers him) and he is at this moment sniffing around the kitchen. I have spent some time dodging his attempts to play, which have come in the form of him dragging toby's bone around and trying to get me to throw it. I refuse to end up like Paz Vega, perpetually throwing around balls, unless it means I get boobs like hers, which I doubt.

I got a one off job today. The Careers Centre called and asked if I was free so I will be working today and on Monday from 10-2 helping distribute academic dress. Its a start and I hope that it leads to a more long term position sometime soon.

Yesterday I went around dropping off resumes on norton and tomorrow sacha and i are going to bondi so we can shoe shop/resume drop.

I woke up this morning because someone was groaning in the middle of
the night. I got scared bec it was dark and four am and it sounded
like groans of agony. I asked my housemate about it he says it was
miki and i doubt it because i know what she sounds like and it sounded
more hungover to me (which i think he is this morning). My housemates
also had a fight this morning and she was crying when she left the
house. I think maybe later I'll mention something along the lines of -
maybe you should close the door when you fight, or something more
tactful.

The labrador is smelling my foot now. Must go.

7/9/05 01:04 PM


The house is in a tizzy as my housemates prepare for Mike's 30th birthday. Miki is busy cutting stuff and he is busy blowing up balloons with a tank. Chas, the guy who used to rent my room is here to help out. I did my part by doing dishes, sweeping up the living room and sticking things up with blutac. The party has a musical instrument theme, where everyone is supposed to bring their own instrument. I dont have one, but I live here so I figure I can grab a toilet paper roll put wax paper on the top and finish it off with a rubber band. There you go.

Am off to Bondi to go drop of resumes at the westfield mall there with sacha. she wants to go to manly so we may drop by after. Then i have to go to party then back to Epping because mummy wants me to sleepover so that we can hang tomorrow. The things you do for love.

I really need a vacation.

Must dash...

No comments: