Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I am so happy to be freeeeeeee!!!

I am so glad my exams are over. I realized I still havent posted about my Melbourne trip, have been so busy. Will most likely do a short summary and post it soon. Mum is arriving for a visit on Sunday, she'll be here for 3 weeks. Derrick should be popping by soon as well. I am excited! Also busy job hunting and cleaning and well, if I can teach myself enough, cooking. Want to cook Arroz ala Cubana, but you try finding saging na saba in this place. My tita, who has been here 30 years has no idea what theyre called in English. Jojo, on the other hand says theyre called "Plantains" and you can buy them anywhere. Haber, why havent I seen one?!?! Anyway, just a short entry before I go off to clean my room, make lunch and hurry off to get a coat before going to do the laundry.

In short, my life so far (for now):
Today, my name is: still Maria
I am feeling: so glad to be freeeeeeeeeeee
The weather is: Rainy, Rainy and more rainy
The last song I heard was: Jojo singing this song by Jamelia
The last thing I did was: Have a night out to celebrate the end of my final exams with Jojo and Sacha. We had tapas at the Spanish quarter (not so good), a drink at Hugo's on King's Cross (it took forever to find a place that was open) and Pancakes on the Rocks! (kick ass!).
I learnt: How to Say different things in Dutch, that the funniest song in dutch involves a dentist's assistant and that they also have a song that goes "there's a horse in the hallway" (dont ask, Sacha didnt know either.
The last bus I took was: Wala. I took a cab from Circular Quay.
The last movie I saw was: Madagascar - You gotta move it move it! You gotta move it! - this has since prompted us to think of translations to this in different languages. It is particularly hilarious in Dutch and in Hindi.
I thought it was: Fun and Funny
My latest accomplishment was: I have successfully cleaned both bathroom (including toilet) and kitchen properly.
My latest interest is: cooking (o diba!) and possibly brazilian jujitsu, also salsa if jojo and i can get around to finding a place to learn in
My latest celebrity crush is: still Hayden. Sigh.
I am currently: about to clean my room, change my sheets and get my laundry over to Jojo's so I can use his dryer!
Tomorrow: I am going to a job interview in North Sydney for an Office Assistant Position! I hope that I get it.
My latest goals are: To get a job. To add to the repertoire of dishes that I can cook.

No comments: