Saturday, July 08, 2006

It has been a nice, bright day so far. I hope that it stays that way :)

Today we went to pick up our new old washing machine, purchased from ebay for 82 dollars (he waived the 51 cents :). I woke up this morning bec there were people laughing outside my window. I'm not the kind of person that responds kindly to being woken up, as most of you may know and I'm not very coherent.

I stuck my head out of the window and said "Excuse Me! Some people are trying to sleep here! Get out of my front yard!"
Them, "Uhm, its a pavement." (We have no yard. its literally a sidewalk.)
Me, "Whatever just get out."

When I woke up this morning I laughed at the hilarity of it all. I hope that they have a wonderful day, (I remember they were all carrying flowers) they can spend it making fun of me, my bleary eyes, incoherency, and funky hair all they like. I so did not make sense, they must have thought I was drunk or hung over.

My alarm went off at 9, at which point, I knocked on Sacha's door, got her up and went back into my warm bed for a few moments before we rushed off to the bus stop. We ended up waiting about 30 minutes before we got on the bus to Abbotsford where the machine was. The driver wasn't sure what stop we should get off, so he let us off on number 373. We had to go to 515. We walked quite a bit, and there was a stop right before the corner where the house was. Go figure.

I forgot the apartment number, so we actually knocked on number 1, which looked totally empty and had papers all over the front pavement before we walked around the side and found a washing machine in someone's front walk. Which meant that was the house. We rang the bell, paid the nice dude and he helped us carry it to the car. My Auntie from Epping came to help us transport it, i.e. provide the car, and we took it home and put it in. Sacha has since done a load of laundry and it works fine.

For lunch I decided to make real beef soup from the leftover beef bones that Nic had bought. The pot was so big. I put in carrots, baby potatoes, leek, onion and mushrooms. Somewhere along the way it cooked with no taste, which lead to me calling the original domestic goddess asking, "Was I supposed to drain it then put the beef back then the vegetables?" Between the two of us we figured out that I had put too much water - apparently should have only put enough to cover the beef and then some - and so I drained about half the water, added a shitload of salt, pepper, basil and some crushed garlic it was fine. I am now having it for lunch and have shared it with some of Kartini's dutch friends who are visiting from Canberra.

I am going to watch Pirates of the Caribbean later. Anyone who is seeing it: Stay till after the credits , I don't know what's going to happen, but all my movie sites say you have to do that! Before that I may go play frisbee or take a brisk walk with Derek. Then I should go to church and maybe we'll have duck sausages and soup for dinner before the movie.

Also... here is a fun video of Ewan Mc Gregor dressed as a tomato and Judi Dench dressed as a lobster for a tv ad. See how many people you can recognise.

Might go to Leichhardt tomorrow in the wee hours to have brekkie and watch the soccer at the same time! Go Italy! (And, yeah, I still love you Zidane!)

1 comment:

La NiƱa said...

What happened to your Zidane?! Why did he suddenly lose it?