Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snippets

Its been a while since my last entry that disappeared thanks to the sensitive flick of a touchpad button. Nakakatamad na siyang isulat ulit so here is a summary: last weekend it was raining really hard. I helped Handle, Mike & Miki move. They had a truck each (1 for the couple) and it felt like an assembly line moving things into the car. I actually had fun. In the end Miki dropped me off in the car at Sacha's house where I am staying this week due to the fact that all the furniture in the house is gone. I miss the doggies.

So far I've been sleeping on the sofa bed which is pretty comfy. Some nights I sleep straight, but some nights I just wiggle around and try to find a perfect position. In the mornings I automatically wake up in time for an 845 shift, thanks to work and wait for everyone to leave and go back to sleep, if I dont really have to get up.

Last Monday I saw my first ep of grey's anatomy and was completely hooked. Thank God its on normal tv or else I'd be upset. We're not getting cable for this house because no one really watches tv (true!). Went to kbox on tuesday and was so sloppy. I need someone to spar with. Thankfully, Lisa my new housemate who is a junior world champion mountain biker and has been to the olympics (and she's only 22!) is setting up exercise stuff in the house and we're going to train together because its funner when there's someone with you. Obviously we wont be in the same training levels, but its more motivating to have a training partner. Granted I wont be working out as much as her - she trains most of the day.

Work has been giving very few shifts of late, as we are in low season. I am trying to find a supplementary job and I will be calling the hospitality group my friend from work recommended tomorrow. We are also moving some things tomorrow as well.

Sacha and I signed the lease yesterday and were given a shitload of keys, including the older type ones that look like they belong in Coraline or a fantasy/historical novel. Or at the very least a classic like Jane Eyre or something by Jane Austen.

Yesterday I had Yum Cha with my groupmates from Cross Cultural Management. We had lots of fun chatting until we had to go. I was there from 1200 till 3 just nibbling on Yum Cha and having tea. Yum Cha is basically chinese food - dimsum, dumplings and other tidbits. People go around in carts, and you stop the cart with the food you like (usually 4 pcs to a plate) and they put it on your table and mark the card that you have in the end you pay for what you've chosen. I had my first siomai since february. Yaaay!

Afterwards my tummy was slighly unhappy which I think was because of the tea which may or may not have had caffeine. Either that or it was just too much egg tart.

Today I went to meet my friend Kat for lunch. She is pinoy like me and has been here since she was ten. She brought her husband and their baby who is one and cute as a button. He smiles a lot. We went to this place in pyrmont called Oscar's where you can have baby back ribs for 13 bucks, which is cheap especially if they're about at least 3/4ths the size of a closed laptop. After that we had dessert at Jean Michel's patisserie where they had amazing chocolate tarts. I bought a ganache (for me) and a brownie and a lemon tart for my housemates. They brought me home in their car, which was great because five seconds within arrival my tummy said, no no no and i threw up all the babyback ribs in the toilet.

I suppose having real milk everyday for breakfast with my cereal may not be the best thing. I also decided not to buy a whole box of cereal since I am only staying here a week so I got one of those 6 pack things with different flavors for kids like cocoa puffs or something.

My housemates have left - Sacha to capoiera, Lisa to work and Andrea to the event their office is having tonight - and its 9 now and I still havent made dinner. I know I will end up with soup and will cook lunch for tomorrow.

It doesnt really feel like Christmas here. There arent any lights except in the major locations like the Rocks and Darling Harbour or Circular Quay. Otherwise its shop windows and that's it. Parang hindi talaga pasko. I mean, I'd forget it was Christmas if it werent for the family dinner scheduled on the 24th. Its not that Im all cynical and stuff (although I slightly am) and I do have a lot of things to be thankful for but the atmosphere just isn't conducive to remembering. Its like there's nothing going on. Jojo was right, its kind of corny. Oh well, we're going to get a Christmas tree for our house, hopefully.

Must go cook now... :)

1 comment:

John said...

Hi there wandergurl, I am just passing through researching christmas pictures and spotted your post called Snippets. I found it and interesting and informative read and I just though I'd say so. Catch you again another time go to go looking for christmas pictures as well. Enjoy blogging - John