Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hachoo

Last Sunday I took to cleaning the lounge room, or rather the little nook in the corner where my cousin will be staying. Since our house used to be a shop, the front part has this little entry way where i presume people came in which is now closed up. I only have a picture of it without the bed in it so just try to imagine that little door with a mattress in front of it.

title or description

Its actually quite cozy what with the nice blankets and covering that you'll have to imagine and some linen hanging on the wall as decoration.

Now in the process of cleaning this and stuffing the tiny holes - which were again, for the shop - in the ground with bluetack to avoid the unecessary entry of the insect variety and sweeping I developed allergies which have now escalated to what appears to be a cold and a slight dry cough.

Thankfully I had no work today so I stayed at home except for the immediate rush to the pharmacy when I woke up and found myself hoarse. I obtained Dry cough medicine and betadine gargle to supplement my kick ass antihistamines and the Pei Pao Kua - known as Pippa Gao here - that is downstairs and belongs to my housemate.

I underestimated, or rather forgot the effect of my antihistamines and as such knocked out while trying to read marxism for class and woke up to discover I had highlighted myself purple, resulting in me putting my favorite light blue shirt in a napisan dip. (Go Napisan! I believe in you!)

I managed to finish my article and am now reading about systems design. I also discovered that there was an extra oh, i don't know 50 pages to read for law in another book, that I tried to print off the internet and resulted in me completely draining my printer ink.

I am now in the midst of packing for Melbourne plus finishing systems design plus trying to remain coherent enough to be able to answer some of the law questiosn that we all said we would do by tomorrow for my group work. I tried to change my flight to Thursday morning but the Filipino - I am so definately sure that I was connected to a call centre in Manila even if we didn't acknowledge each other's Filipinoness (hello my name is maria! im sure he guessed) - I spoke to said it would cost an extra 70 dollars so there you go, I passed.

I have decided that if I still feel like shit tomorrow I will skip one class and then come home directly after the quiz in my third class to grab my stuff and go to the airport. I am arriving at something like 1045 and will have to take a train plus walk for about 20 minutes to get to my friend's place. I borrowed Sacha's red mini-maleta in anticipation of the books I will bring home. I'm also taking homework with me, how sad is that?

Anyway, I don't think I'm supremely sick because I have the energy to do stuff, I'm just perpetually sneezy and groggy. Hopefully all this preventive medication will work and I will be good enough for a jaunt to Melbourne and Kaaaaaanyeeeee when I get back!

No comments: