Friday, November 11, 2005

Little Bits of This Week

This week was exam week and here are little excerpts from my life as I went through it:

11/7/05 06:33 am

I am so sleepy. I have studied for the 2nd half of exam 1 (which will be in approx 2.5 hours), meaning the part that was after the midterm. Now somewhat sleepily reading through notes from pre-midterm in the hopes that retention is still active. Also waiting for the Mezzapica to open to get caffinated beverage.

11/7/05 02:49 pm
Success!!! I am done with one exam. I filled up two booklets with answers. Grabe, nakakapagod. Am enthusiastically about to continue studying for the next one.

Three more to go, two this week.


11/8/05 12:33 pm
On to exam number 2 today. Must do more preparation after lunch. Also meeting Michelle, my pinay classmate to discuss over coffee before the exam.

Will be homeless by december. Sacha and friends and I have decided to move in together but due to certain circumstances this can't be done till mid Dec at the earliest. We're meant to start searching for houses after exams, but my housemates are giving up the lease by Dec 3rd so here I go. Have asked Jojo and may either crash in his house or on Sacha's couch. Have also asked Andee (waiting for a reply) if I can store stuff in her house in the meantime.

A dog (most likely toby) threw up in the hall. Have covered it with newspaper. Toby is an insect hunter. He eats cockroaches and other insects. How he can hunt them with his nose but not find food that is dropped in front of him on the floor is beyond me. He is currently sitting under my leg next to the chair sniffing my cocoa body butter.

Am excited to move into a house in the inner west but not too keen on leaving Leichhardt. I really like this area and hope we find a nice one here and that everyone likes it so that we can stay.

Must get back to studying now.


11/9/05 10:29 am
Yesterday's exam well... I dont know. It was boring to study for, [info]flipped_jaffa endured my rants on boredom and again, [info]volcanogirl28 learned more than she ever had to know about recruitment and selection. The exam was two hours long and I finished 20 minutes early. I dont know if its good or bad. We had 2 questions to answer out of 7. I used about 3-4 pages for question instead of the, what I feel is exaggerating, 5-10. Michelle, my pinay friend did about the same, though the girl sitting next to her asked for another booklet!!! Hello. We totally could not understand that.

What are they writing?

I suppose my "the key to good communication is brevity" thing just gets me all riled up. I suppose I could have wrote more but then again... The subject was thought in a somewhat "kalat" (fragmented?) like manner, I did study, though admittedly I could have done more and I have no excuses. I think I passed but nevertheless. Labo. Whatever. End of story, I guess.

-:-

Somehow I woke up this morning caffinated and agitated already. Last night after the exam I had so much energy and hyperness I walked again! But wisely stopped before reaching the Annandale section which is uphill. I walked to Stanmore to the Mc Donald's on Paramatta road, got a quarter pounder and an oreo mc flurry and proceeded to the bus stop to wait.

As I was waiting I proceeded to dive through my mc flurry with customary gusto. After sometime I realised that some bit of it had made its way from the spoon to my foot and on my birkie. Quite a bit of my birkie, actually so I couldn't put my foot back in it (it was half on). Any normal person would just grab some tissue, wipe of the stuff, put it on and continue eating. I, on the other hand calmly picked up the slipper so I wouldn't forget it in case the bus came, kept that hand around the Mc Flurry and continued to stuff my face.

Nothing stands in the way of me and my food.

-:-

I have realised that we are leaving this house in three weeks. I have a shitload of food in the fridge. My housemates have offered to help me move but as I will be homeless, I can't quite figure out where I will store my things in the meantime. Sacha has agreed to take away my condiments and I will probably throw a goodbye feast to finish up the meat (i have veal, rump steak and pork, plus tocino and lean beef burgers and 2 lean cuisine microwaveables) in my freezer.

I have found a few intermittent housing arrangements to check out. Andee is moving as well so I can't store my stuff in her house. They will all have to go to Epping, or perhaps in my housemates new house if I beg nicely and they have space.

Right now Im making arrangements to check out houses with Sacha this weekend.

Tonight's dinner is lamb with spinach and feta stir fry!

11/11/05 09:02 am - One to go!
Have finished my third exam, one to go. My last exam was okay. I studied like, the day itself. We had to answer 3 out of 7 questions. I did all right with 2 but there was one question where I wasnt sure what exactly they meant by theories, so I used the general theories for the class. Hope it turns out all right. I managed to finish right on the dot, and I could have written more if they had given us more time. I think the test should have been 3 instead of 2 hours, as the questions required us to be more detailed. Nevertheless I was very happy and relieved to finish this exam because it meant I had only one left!

Today I am organising the viewing for the prospective houses that we are going to be looking at tomorrow. I'm also burning a CD for Sacha including all the Spanish songs I own plus Hotdogs "Manila" for cultural flavor. I've thrown in African music - I highly recommend Lady Smith Black Mambazo - french music, Santana and some alternative stuff.

This weekend looks busy. House huntiing tomorrow and the Newtown Arts Festival + Spanish Food Festival on Sunday (yaaaay tapas!). Monday and Tuesday are study days though I will be having dinner on Monday at Handle & Rebecca's. Wednesday is soccer day, Thursday exam day and then SUUUUUMMMMMEEEERRRRR!!!

The weather is so nice today, I think I'll go for a walk down by the river...

No comments: