Friday, November 11, 2005

Ten Years up to Today

tagged by volcanogirl28

Ten years ago I was sixteen, in my freshman year of college, in the middle of my second semester. I was working on my thesis on the comparison of the nature of the vampire in Dracula and in Interview with the Vampire. In those days you could do thesis topics like that. And Windows 95 was really new.

Five years ago I was twenty one. Its November of 2000 and my boyfriend and I have just broken up. I am slightly devastated and I realise much later on that I probably spend about a month talking about him to the ever supportive men in my life, (ie FalxJoeyCarlosDyneCarl) who put up with all my dakdak until the one day that he calls and asks to get back together and I realise, in the blink of an eye that I really dont love him anymore and I am so, so much better without him.

And so I move on. I think it takes him a bit longer.

Having been five years ago, we are of course friends now, and when I think about it, I just remember the funny moments and laugh.

One year ago I was preparing to leave for Cebu to set up our call centre there. I was busy turning over to my protege puput, running around like a headless chicken coaching and coordinating and making sure that the shit did not hit the fan while I was gone. Somehow, it did anyway but that is a different story all together.

Yesterday I took a walk down to the Leichhardt park near the Rozelle Psychiatric Hospital now turned into an arts centre. I had dinner at the Sydney tower c/o my uncle where the restaurant revolves and the buffet is great, along with the wonderful views.

Today I went househunting with Sacha and Kartini and we liked the first house we saw and consequently are filing an application to take it. My toe got caught in the bus door I moved to make space for someone to pass. It is now wrapped in some form of bandage and I would describe what it looks like further but I dont want to gross anyone out. Suffice to say it bled a lot and Sacha & Kartini visibly blanched when they saw it. Thank God I have a high treshold for pain. I am going to church now.

Tomorrow I will be having lunch with my uncle who is visiting from Manila, his wife and son who live in Dee Why and my cousin in Strathfield. I will also somehow make my way to the Newtown Music Festival and/or possibly see a movie. Or maybe I will save that for Monday, the day that I officially begin studying again.

I tag: Pia, Duke, Graecia, Selle, Ivy & Baby Gurl!

3 comments:

duke said...

Lars here's the link of my answers!
just cut and paste on your browser..
:D
http://suncatcherph.blogspot.com/2005/08/timeline.html#comments

hdpal said...

nice

Grae said...

"I have a site about french kissing related stuff too. "

Now That is one weirdo hehehe miss you Larzzzyyy ====> OOPS wrong log in hehehe