Tuesday, August 01, 2006

And all that I can see...is just another lemon tree

Last Saturday I went to my friend Jaya's house to have my hair cut. Jaya is my lesbian ex-hairdresser friend from work who has a filo partner. She does great haircuts. I asked her to put streaks in my hair. I asked for red streaks, but either she didn't have enough red, or she put too much of the mahogany mix cos I ended up with too much of a brown.

I spent the ride home - there was trackwork over the weekend so it was quite a trek to get to Allawah on the bus - wondering if I looked like one of them filo ho's from SoCal with fake blondies, huge tits and cars that make bayo.

I was fine till the evening when I looked at the mirror in the bathroom, where in the light I swear it was positively orangey looking. Frantic MMSes later I was reassured by my cousin honey76 and sanshine_butete who said and I quote, "You're insane, you look good." I'm still getting used to it, as I really wanted that red.

I reformatted my computer last Saturday night. I kept thinking, you know this has gone too quickly, I must be missing something. This was pointed out to me the next day when my housemate Pat said, after attempting to configure the internet: "You haven't got any drivers installed."

Kakahiya! I was in tech support pa naman!!! Also I backed up my bookmarks, and I don't know where they are. I remember where i put them, and I remember I burnt those files into a folder but guess what, I don't know where the fuck that cd is. Ah well, its been a while. Buti na lang I'm not in the middle of the semester and am fine with just grabbing the bookmarks again. Most of my blogs are on feedblitz, so its not a big deal.

Sunday was spent cleaning the bathroom, working, practicing my spanish (un poco) with Karina, my Chilean workmate, and then having a family dinner with my Auntie Angie who is visiting from pinas. Mum sent my old Spanish stuff, including my weatherbeaten old notebook from 96-99 which had no cover.

It brought up memories of Spanish class... my first one in Instituto Cervantes, where I discovered Real Madrid, got totally drunk on tequila and in fairness, went on my first dates ever. And then there was the one in Ateneo. Where I met Patutski Pie and Ramon. How strange, two of the people I ever liked I met in like, Spanish. The first one didn't pan out, but I was like seventeen and wait, I remember! He used to call me when I was sleeping! And I was like this valium like creature who would fall asleep all the time - like I'd go to bed at 7pm - so I would answer the phone and get pissed so he never called again. Bwahahaha. Now that I'm older I can reminisce and laugh, when I was that age I was too afraid of commitment to be in anything but denial. :P

Monday had me late for Spanish. At which point I froze up during recitation. I need to get over my fear and build up my confidence. My classmates are a mixture of different levels, but what seems to be common is no one hesitates to speak, I mean, several of us stumble and stuff on occasion but it doesn't matter, they're not afraid to make mistakes and misconjugate. I, on the other hand am totally terrified. I'm working on getting over it now, hopefully by reviewing it more thoroughly.

In the afternoon I met up with Ala and got my five packs of chocolate in support of her program. It was nice to finally meet her and we talked about moving to Australia and the "adjustment curve" that my counselor talked to me about ages ago, complete with me dramatizing the illustrations on the chart. Kat joined us after walking down from the library in Glebe, and then we parted ways, as Kat & I had to go to class.

I got home, cooked fish fingers that were totally burnt cos the outside cooked and the inside was raw, and it took forever. (Never mind cos the ketchup made up for it) I also made tuna casserole for lunch tomorrow. I am ashamed to say that we saw the finale for Big Brother 6. I don't really like it, but I can follow it to an extent because Sacha seems to like watching it, and if it's on tv, I end up watching bits of it. Also the dude at Ralph's, the cafe at uni was on it as well, and you got a dollar off your coffee if you voted for him.

Have decided to buy my friend Natasha's Queen Mattress and I will just invest in a better bed frame. As my cousin pointed out, I have broken two ikea beds already - neither of which were my fault, okay. The first one in epping just broke, I didn't even jump on the bed, and the second, my current one, the middle plank doesn't seem like its wide enough to hold the slats. Also the fact that five people have looked at this bed and we've all tried to fix it kind of means that not all of us could have gotten this wrong...

Tomorrow, I am off to work (I wonder what's on sale...) and then hopefully some grocery shopping before practicing my Spanish then off to my Proj Mgmt class.

It's my last semester. Go Me!

No comments: