Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My butt is wet.

So I started out this day rather well. I was on time for Spanish and I managed to come up with some pretty decent answers (partly because I've done this tense before). My deberes (discussion hw) were all correct too, cos I had Carolina look them over the night before . I also had a chat with this Aussie-Portuguese girl from class who is very very good in Spanish and she will be reviewing with me, so that should help me with the exam next Wednesday.

Then I went to change my flight and my travel agent and I had a laugh about how mum kept changing her mind. He was like, "you're going to charge your mum cos its her fault, right?" and I was like, "yeah!!! totally!!!" Anyway, my new flight back here is Jan 8. I arrive in Sydney Jan 9, and would ideally like to go to NZ within the next 2 days, as mum wants to spend some time with her friend in Auckland, and I would like to go visit Ees in Welly.

Then I got home. Now we have two main doors, the front door which has barred gate and the back door, which includes the courtyard gate. The courtyard gate door and the back door have the same key and its the key I've got. Sacha and I use the back door and Carolina & Pat use the front, as those are they keys that we have. When it rains, or right after, the lock gets stuck and its usually a pain in the ass to get the key out. This past week has been particularly bad. Last Monday Carolina and I had to pour canola oil on it to get it out, on Monday evening I had to go to Derek's house (our neighbor) to borrow oil and Luke, his housemate had to help me get the damn key out.

Today it was just stuck. The friendly cafe across the road gave me oil but it didn't work. It was also raining and I got wet trying to get it out and trying to cross the road when the cars splashed me. Then I went to the physics building to see if Derek was there. He wasn't, but Luke was and Luke gave me a scientific explanation on how it was pointless for me to use oil and that I should call a locksmith. So I trudged back home and called the real estate. I waited for an hour, got frustrated, went to Yuga, my fave neighborhood cafe, had an apple & honey pie and a chai latte. While waiting for the locksmith to call i whined to my cousin who said, "go ahead, you're allowed to eat chocolate cake." but in fairness I didn't. The cashier was also kind enough to let me go even if I didn't have enough to pay - I was going to eftpos but there was a minimum and my bill was 11 dollars, 4 dollars too little. So I paid 10.50 and she said pay again next time.

I called the real estate and the nice receptionist followed up with the locksmith and gave me their number. They should arrive between 430-5pm today. Pat also said he would be home around 4 so since it was 30 minutes to 4 I decided (quite moneyless) to wait it out by napping on the armchair in the courtyard. (Thank God Pat decided to just leave it there) It was nice and soft, but quite wet as it had been raining. My butt was very very wet already from sitting on it previously while waiting, but I still managed to take and on-off nap till Pat got home at 415. All in all I have missed my accounting class, waited since about 130 and the locksmith isn't here yet. I will call them in 5 minutes if he isn't here.

I've also downloaded the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album. Blood Sugar Sex Magic pa rin forever ang no 1 fave ko, and I've noticed this album in particular they all kind of sound the same. Nevertheless its pretty okay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting story. I think a locksmith (or any type of technician job that requires home visits) would be an excellent study in human behavior, sociology, psychology, and the like. You get to see how people live and how they react to adversity. It is important to find an honest and reliable locksmiths. Some companies run a criminal background check on all employees to help ensure their people are trustworthy. If you are nervous about hiring a locksmith, ask about the background check policy when you call a company for help.