Saturday, August 05, 2006

Memeng meme na.

I am so sleepy. I have slept for ten hours but I still feel narcoleptic.

Friday
Friday saw me doing a split shift - 845-1245 and then 5-9 at work. Between that I had a meeting for my Careers Day workshop, plus I had to go home and do something I'm trying to remember now. It rained so hard last Friday. It was like a bagyo. My boots were soaked and I know for sure that I need galoshes but haven't the least idea how to go about getting them. (Ok I'm going to Kmart one of these days...)

After dinner I discovered that there was only one box of chocolates left from the stuff we had bought from lala0range. I think I'll get some new stuff when I get paid next. Of all those chocolates I bought I only more than half a box of maltesers and some milk ways (the milky way box is still at work). This means Sacha ate everything else, of course, with some help from Carolina and Derek. Pat didn't even get to taste any, I think.

Saturday
Saturday saw me at the Pyrmont Markets. It was raining again so it wasn't as full as it usually is. I met up with my cousin Miel who woke up late. In fairness, I was still in bed when she got on the train. I literally rolled out of bed, got dressed and waited and waited for the bus. (Weekend timetables never predict bus arrivals with much accuracy) We took the tram to Star City and met up with Kat and Caleb who was a sweetheart as usual. Apparently if Caleb likes you he blows strawberries at you and tries to show off his clothes. Which he kept doing when he saw me and I was thinking, why is this child making belat with some blubber? And I was this close to going, Caleb stop that its rude but apparently he likes me, so that's okay. He is very cute. I think he is two next month.

After Pyrmont we went back to my house where we ate pancakes and bacon. My cousin was wearing tights and a mini and if it were up to me I would bloody freeze to death but she seemed fine. Next we went shopping. I needed pants that weren't jeans and a bunch of bras, as I'm tired of squeezing into my bras from college. (Yes, I still have them) After going to David Jones and not really finding anything, we went off to Myer where I ended up with 3 bras.

I ended up with cargo pants from Just jeans and my cousin persuaded me to have my eyebrows done by Martha, the eyebrow expert at the Mac counter in David Jones. It was 45 bucks but redeemable through make up, which meant she was able to buy eyeshadow and concealer and really meant that I forked out 70 bucks for my blusher and concealer brush. I have decided that I want a complete set of brushes someday, the real kind, not the chipipay stuff. Martha used this lovely brush with white tips that could pretty much do anything and it was 80 bucks. I will save up for that.

I ended up buying stuff from priceline - body wash and a new pair of tweezers as mine have disappeared - plus going to body shop and getting eye cream and an exfoliator. Martha was like the nth person to tell me I was extra dry under the eye and I thought, God this many people can't be wrong, you have to spend money already (cos eye creams are damn expensive).

Went home, went to church and then swung by Newtown to grab dinner. Had a craving for Sweet and Sour Pork which I ate in front of the tv with Pat, who for the first time in months had a Saturday off! We ended up watching bits of Dennis the Menance. He was in bed by ten, which is so unusual for him, as he usally doesn't get home till about two on Saturdays. I took a looong shower, listened to Gnarls Barkley and checked out my new gadget.

Sunday
Woke up at ten. Still sleepy. Have uni stuff to do. Have a surprise party but don't really feel like going anymore. I figure though, if all am going to do is sleep, might as well go cos if my excuse is uni, I have to do uni, right? I hope I can be home by dinner.

I'm so sleepy. I have resolved to play all the music I haven't listened to in my itunes. I started with Gnarls Barkley, who sounds like a funky rnb bit of early moby (think the play album) and was great. I finally listened to Coldplay-yes I have never heard a full album. Just yellow, i think, and whatever they've played on the radio and I'm sure I had no idea it was them. Now I'm playing Massive Attack. Seriously enjoying all this stuff.

I also keep finding stuff that I never knew I had. Like a shitload of placebo, radiohead and Rihanna. (Where did I get Rihanna from?) Also thanks to Rey I have Cinderella. Who are they?

Also currently downloading Dashboard Confessional, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Los Lonely Boys, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and the Dixie Chicks. Anyone else who has music to recommend, feel free to leave a note!

Okay I think I'll roll out of bed now...

No comments: