Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's 12.3 degrees

I suppose that isn't bad, considering its probably a lot colder in Scandanavia. I woke up at eleven today, this being the first time I've been able to sleep in in ages. Would love, love, love to lie in bed but I've actually got to write a paper and clean my desk/sort out study stuff.

Made myself a chai latte with the can that I bought from my favorite Chai Coffee House near work. It was pretty good except I ran out of milk. Yesterday I bought 2 litres of soy milk from the chinese grocery - its totally fresh - this time I got the soy without sugar. It sucks, big time. So now that I'm out of my So Good Lite I have to wait for Sacha to go shopping to get me another one.

There's nothing that I would love to do more than just lie in bed. Have I said that already? My desk is a mess what with study stuff from last week's exam, which I can now put away for the moment. (I never chuck anything out till I'm sure I passed.)I now have to write a paper for the same subject. I've decided on Latin American Politics, specifically Bolivia. At first I was wondering how to connect it to the US but a friend mentioned that she was deciding the same thing and she came up with a connection (which I don't remember). I kind of think I should feel guilty because we're doing the same topic, although that's allowed but then we thought about it seperately and will most likely use completely seperate approaches, so I guess its okay. Plus I don't think a lot of us will be doing it, say versus the multitude that did China, the US, Australia and Uranium the last time around.

Sacha is off to a party with Shai, her boyfriend. She has mentioned cleaning the house repeatedly but I am in no mood to help her out. I am getting frustrated by the need to load up the dishwasher because of the amount of dishes left by the sink. And the fact that no one will empty the dishwasher when I've obviously cleaned up their crap. And that I'm always the only person who remembers the garbage. And that we only clean the house when we feel like it - I always clean the bathroom because I want to take a bubble bath.

The house cleaning bit is obviously not just everyone else, I mean, if I really wanted to clean the house, I would but I'm in no hurry. In my old house, we had stricter arrangements, we each had to clean a room once a week and because my housemates were into it, I was too. Since no one is into it here, I guess we're all just going to let it go. I mean, I had to buy a vacuum cleaner before I finally cleaned my room, after about two months, so why should I be complaining? The thing is, we could have a neater house if everyone just cleaned as they went, you know what I mean? Like wash the dishes as you cook. Not leave the newspaper in piles in the lounge room for weeks before we chuck everything. Put the videos back where they should be. We just don't do that. I've decided either to get the housemates together for a talk (if I can find them) or to write them all a nice letter. For now, I'll settle for cleaning my desk.

Tonight Sacha and I are having dinner with Andee, who is back for the weekend from Bathurst, where's she's been assigned as part of her Nutrition course. We're still deciding where to go.

I have given up wearing shoes, despite the winter. Last night I wore my birkies to buy dinner at the jap restaurant and then to the pub later on, where Sacha and I ended up watching England vs Paraguay. None of my shoes are waterproof. My shitkickers from Melbourne don't let the rain in, but if you step in anything it soaks right through. They also didn't dry in time the other day, forcing me to wear sneakers that became equally soaked through, resulting in me walking around barefoot for a while with my shoes stuffed with paper. Changing socks twice a day due to wetness has not been a good thing. Walking back from church last night I even soaked my Uggs. So now, I'm like, fuck that. If we're gonna get wet anyway, we're wearing slippers.

I have gotten myself some Pei Pao Kua, which is a preventive measure against sore throat. I was very happy to get it, even if it was ten dollars. Last night I also saw the movie "Lord of War" which was very good. Its about Nicolas Cage (I really don't understand his appeal. He's a good actor but he's not hot. At all. And he always ends up kissing all these hot chicks. I mean, I wouldn't want to be kissed by Nic Cage, I think.) who plays an arms dealer and its part satire, part comedy/drama about how the world works, in terms of war. I liked it.

Anyway, enough procrastinating...time to go!

No comments: