Friday, June 09, 2006

Shiloh was anti-climactic and other things.

I've realised that if any of the hip hop dudes that I like come to this country no one will come to watch them with me. I mean, who else likes Ludacris and Trick Daddy? Just_Me_. This is after I read a report on E about Luda sponsoring this documentary on this girl teenage basketball team and apparently he does a lot of work promoting self-empowerment in young women. Slightly ironic, considering he's like this mega rap star with this hip hop image with skimpy clad chicks in his videos. I think its nice of him though.

Napaka anti-climactic naman ng pictures ni Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. The child is too young for anyone to determine who she really looks like, other than that it looks like she got mommy's lips. So much hype for not too many pictures. I'd rather see the child when it is bigger and has more personality, then you can figure out if it looks like Brad or not (which I think it does). It is still at that indeterminable stage - you know the one where you have to put earrings on it to figure out that its a girl.

Here is a Priceless conversation with my friend Kat, who moved here when she was 12. She was asking me to explain jologz and cono.

You said: do you know who kris aquino is?
salingkat: yes
salingkat: don't tell me she has a blog
You said: no but she speaks in cono
You said: i.e taglish kolehiyala
salingkat: so that's not normal?
You said: NOOOOOOOO
You said: Kris Aquino is not normal
salingkat: oh, i thought i was just so out of it, the language had evolved while i was gone

These are my definitions:


jologz are baduy people who can't speak straight english - that's not the bad thing, because there's nothing wrong with just being able to speak tagalog. they're westies but pinoy version. fake hip hop, really bad dressing, like scrubs in the no scrubs song by TLC

conos are rich kids. like burgis. they can speak english perfectly fine, they probably cant speak tagalog for shit, but theyre sosyal, they have lots of money, the girls speak valley girl taglish (like kris, except kris doesn't qualify as cono anymore because she's too bakya now)

Feel free to input your suggestions, as I am sure I will be asked this again by others.

Nic the "graduate student" and I were mentioned in Krip Yuson's column this week. I took a writing class with him way back when with chockwit and the-artist-formerly-known-as-Gabby --> now Gabriel, unless you're icebitch, in which case he'll forever be "little Gabby Narciso".

What Krip failed to mention is that he was quite possibly somewhat high the next day, otherwise he was supposed to come over for lunch and have some of my chicken in lemon ginger sauce with Nic. Really funny. Must see him again sometime.

Kat has just reminded me that I may not have blogged about the Writer's Fest. I don't remember. I think because Nic blogged about Neil and Wil I didn't bother! I went to three events, Neil, Elizabeth Kostova and Krip's thing. I was supposed to go to Audrey Nifnigger but I had to work that week.

Anyway, I have to go do some research now...

1 comment:

duke said...

The more annoying part in Kris Aquino is her voice! To top it all, she mixes everything...

Kris Aquino: once a coño, now a jologs!