Friday, June 02, 2006

The Name "Robbie Williams" is a Bad Word

(I should say, that for those of you that don't know/don't read the FAQs/Have asked me more than ten times but still don't remember, I work for a call centre and our client is a ticketing agency. I should also let you know that usually, I love my job . I've been working there for almost a year, and today was the worst ever, and I was not the only one who thought so - imagine turning to each other in the bathroom, or hanging out downstairs at the break and just suddenly bursting into, "I hate Robbie Williams." That was the general mood today.)

I hate the Robbie Williams pre-sale. We have all these people who are whining they can't get in. Whining they can't get tickets. People who called before the onsale at 12noon freaking out. Did they not read the email that said "not on sale till 12 noon?". Did any of them not listen to the Voice Message when they call that says, "THEY'RE ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE?" and that they have to just keep trying due to the volume of people trying?

I HATE ROBBIE WILLIAMS. (Not him per se but mostly just you know, these people. Who don't listen. Or don't prepare ahead of time.)

See chat below:

You said: im so glad i am not a robbie williams fan
swankysanya: why
You said: there are soooo many of them it is so competitive
You said: we have a presale today on the internet
swankysanya: bwahahahahaahahahaha
You said: i swear the prospect of buying tickets in advance has robbed all these people of common sense
swankysanya: bwahahahahaahahaha
swankysanya: and through eeet aahhhhllll she offers me protekshuun!!!
You said: and they're like, "no you listen to me"
You said: and i want to go, "no you listen to me BITCH. i'm trying to tell you what to do to get your tickets right"


I should add, this woman says to me, I keep trying to get in. I say, its not 12 yet, you won't be able to access anything till 12. And you'll need your login and your password. And she's like, I don't have it. Aba, malay ko ba kung ano yon? Dapat alam mo yon diba? After telling her I don't have that info, and that I can't transfer her to online and that she has to chick on "forget password" I hate that. Hello, kasalanan ko ba if you're not prepared?!?!

You said: and i just want to say, this IS THE WORST EVER. worse than the rugby, worse than the cricket, (almost worse than the wiggles) because there area ll these fanatical women, and men trying to get tickets for these fanatical women
swankysanya: am so not envying you
You said: kasi theres like a bazillion people accessing the website and so not everyone can get in? bandwidth, you know
You said: so ayun. they keep calling and we like keep telling them to try
You said: and ayun
swankysanya: teeheee



We need a bigger bandwidth server, this I understand. I also agree with my officemate's assessment that different states should have sales on different days. And yes, its frustrating when they go through and it hangs right after they submit payment.

But. If you do get stuck, let's say you can't get to the next page, or you click a dropdown box and it doesn't get you to the next step, or it hangs, Don't Blame Me . It's not my fault you can't get through. It's not my fault your internet connection has a problem, or that the server is overloaded. Get mad at the other Robbie Williams people you are competing with that are making it hard for you to buy tickets.

There is nothing I can do for you. I cannot sell you tickets that are not in my system. All I can do is tell you to keep trying. I can't do anything for you.

I am EXHAUSTED.

No comments: