Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Life in Segments

Uni

I'm actually done with my paper. I have sent it to Sacha and Kat to edit. Usually I just send it to Kat (and my cousin) but both of them are lost so I sent it to Sacha to start with. I'm not ecstatically happy with it, but it will do for now. I think I could have done more analysis, but at this point I have to move on to my next subject.

I have a law exam on Wednesday. Its open book but its still quite challenging. I have to make reviewers for all the chapters I haven't done that and read the two and a half chapters I haven't done, plus do some practice questions. My group did well in our first groupwork, plus our bucephalus presentation but our final report didn't do as well. We passed, but we didnt' do excellently. Granted, I don't need a giant number to pass but I'd like to do a bit better than just that.

I'm having an urge of "I would like to make my daddy proud" syndrome, what with it being law and all.

Food

I have eaten so much this weekend. I just keep having choccies, choccies and more choccies with the excuse that I need them to study. (Any excuse will do)

As Kartini is moving out we are losing most of our cutlery, pots, etc so Sacha and I went to K-Mart today and did a little shopping. I went and bought this 100 piece cooking set, that you'll be able to see on the upper right hand corner. It has absolutely fucking everything, pots, knives, cutlery, every single sandok known to man, mixing bowls, chopping boards, various implements, even a pizza cutter, steak knives, and one pan. (We don't need pans) I also bought baking implements - a measuring cup, baking tray, muffin tray and baking pan.

Sacha bought an 18 piece set of glasses. We've decided we can have a dinner party, provided there are only like, five people, cos I think we only have maybe 5-7 plates left at home! We also got a new cookbook each, and in inspiration I purchased chorizo and pancetta for some pasta.

I've decided this winter I will attempt to make a roast chicken. Bill has a simple recipe and the new Delicious has one for roast chicken in orange sauce. I even bought a bowl that was big enough to fit a chicken in it for the marinade, and tried to work out how it would possibly fit in the fridge. I believe that if I can do this I can really cook. Sacha and I are going to host a tiny dinner party, with her boyfriend Shai and Derek and possibly Andee, cos otherwise we're never gonna finish that chicken. She will help me make the stuffing and possibly the sides (she does amazing mashed potatoes...) I hope that it will turn out all right.

If it does then we're doing thanksgiving. With a turkey. (I am inspired by my best friend's amazing turkey with flavor courtesy of a variety of mercury drug syringes - you had to have been there, really)

I've decided also to attempt to cook duck, as it seems like something nice and warm for the season, but not a whole duck, just slices that I can put in some nice wonton soup or a noodle dish.

I have had cravings for salad of late (o diba, Nic?) so I have resolved to get back on the healthy bandwagon once the exams start - cut down with Mr. Choccy and no more chips. (So says the girl that ate a whole box of Decadent Chocolate Chips - with some help - in two days.)

May have some relatives over for a dinner type deal next week. I've promised them that since I moved in here (over six months now) so now that is winter and I'm finally on holiday I wll go ahead and do that.

Hips Don't Lie, Celebrity Obssession and of course, Futbol!!!
I found this link to the men of the world cup, courtesy of the sydney morning herald. Just scroll down and click on the link. There are a lot of aussies, as you'd expect. The one of the well-endowed portuguese player is particularly interesting.

My mum called today and the first thing she asked was, "Did Nicole get married yet?". I have a hard time with this statement, its not the first time she's said it, the last being right after she sent me that article that Krip did in the PhilStar, which prompted me to think, "Nicole? Ha? Ano?". Strangely enough my celebrity obssessed self didn't process it, I actually tried to think of all my friends named Nicole (after concluding instantaneously that there was no fucking way Nic could have met someone in the last three days that I didn't see her in Sydney and thus be getting married) before it occured to me that, Oh Yeah. Nicole Kidman is getting married.

Her wedding pictures are here as per the Sydney Morning Herald. Sacha has actually been to the place where they were married, they held an easter egg hunt there last April and she went with her Egyptian friend Amaal and her family. Its apparently a nice place. Most of the pictures are of Nicole and family in various cars. There is only one official photograph of the happy couple(click on the "Wedding of the Year" link). They look nice and sweet and I'm glad that its been kept mostly private, even though I would love for more details.

I just downloaded Shakira's latest album and I find that I don't really like it in English. I'm downloading her Spanish one now, along with Grey's Anatomy Season 1 and Honey and Clover the anime. I have realised that I need a DVD Writer, which I will hopefully have sent to me by September at the latest, if its not possible to get it sooner.

Tomorrow we are waking up at 430 to see Holland vs Portugal. I have resolved to make my law reviewer while that is going on...I get the feeling that I'll be up early to cram on Wednesday morning. (Yes, I know its also Spain vs France, but that's not the point. Besides, I'm not sure I want to see that...)

I will leave you with this picture of two of my favorite players, Kaka and Robinho from Brazil. Go Brazil! (and Go Australia!)

title or description

2 comments:

thesweettoothfairy said...

grabe! that song hips dont lie by shakira has been stuck in my head for a week! I was actually going to include that in my list of 7. eeek! ;p

duke said...

lars,

I have the whole album of shakira's oral fijacion (in Spanish) but hips don't lie is not there!

Did you watch the game? 16 yellow cards for the whole game and 4 red cards! I felt so bad for Portugal that I decided to root for them instead of the Dutch. There was so much tension and angst in that game.

btw, England won courtesy of Beckham-blech!