Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Skipped kbox last week due to the water heater adventure and this week got a really bad ass partner. The thing about the advanced class is hindi na puwede yung palanta-lanta like i have this tendency to forget shit when I dont practice or concentrate hard enough but my partner is pretty good, considering she's been doing it for less then i have (ok but not by much, only about a month and a half) and she kicks ass... Also since we were an uneven number today, we also partnered with this other girl who has been taking kbox for _three_ years, has perfect form and kicks bloody hard. Damn, I felt like my arms were gonna fall off.

Finished my paper Monday night after going out to dinner with Tito Nonoy (Family friend) and Sam, who is from his office and well, i would think Tito N is his boss, and was sent here to work by their company. The company pays his suweldo in pesos (it gets paid in pinas) but he gets an allowance and the company pays his rent, car, gas, everything. All he pays for his food and the occasional phone bill. His company is australia wide and there are quite a number of former ateneans in it - one of whom got his PR already from working here for 2 years.

And I suppose that's what you get for finishing in ME.

Sam has been here since April but has never made it past paramatta (Respeto! Westie!). He works in Blacktown (Pinoy Mecca) and is a couple of years younger. I have promised to take him under my wing, introduce him to Jojo, Sacha, Andee and the rest and make sure that he makes it to the beach!!! Hello! No Bondi, No Coogee, No Manly. NOTHING. Doubt that he's ever been to the city! Respeto.

Went to see my professor after submitting the paper and found that Im actually doing better than I thought in that class. In the afternoon we had this bizarre case in HRM that discussed computing the cost of replacing someone in the company with only two figures (past and current salary) to work with. Also saw Martina and we are planning to see 40 year old virgin sometime soon.

Had dinner with Sacha Wednesday. Meant to have her cook (so it would be cheaper and i cooked last week!) but as we went out to buy meat we ended up getting take away at an African restaurant where they had amazing food and the most wonderful, fragrant rice with African spices. Must eat there again, its called Kilimanjaro. I had the Yassa which is chicken cooked with tomato and african spices and was in this sauce that was soooo good.

Kartini, Sacha's housemate who is Indian-Indonesian and has the IS accent is planning to move by the start of next year and wants Sacha to go with her. She would like a house with a garden somewhere in the inner west area near a train. I brought up the prospect of all of us living together - since I have to move by the end of the year - and it seems like it has potential. I could always get an interim house by december (or sleep on their couch!) if I have to. The only thing is they want to be near a train/newtown so living in my area of the inner west is not one of their options. We shall see. Also have a prospective house to check out in Balmain. Im still essentially a Leichhardt girl though...

Cousin Andrew (pinoy version) has sprained ankle again due to basketball. Also dating an Indonesian Chinese girl who he seems to really be into because "eto na, serious na talaga" and despite the language differences they have a lot to talk about, according to him.

Cooked veal steaks today in breadcrumbs. they turned out okay. have also still got leftover african food which i will be eating tomorrow.

Also discovered that I dont really even have to go to the embassy to apply for my passport renewal. I just need xerox copies and a check payable to the philippine consulate plus my thumbmarks! (Hello, lagyan ba ng pentle pen ang kamay?!?)

Have also got to go to the ATO to get my taxes sorted out, will most likely do this tomorrow between tute and work.

Sleep time now.

1 comment:

Cris said...

hey lars! musta? wow..nice to hear from you! grabe, this is so weird. yesterday i was just thinking about you guys kse today's the last day of PWS! hay, training for another program starts on monday. Wala lang, i was just reminiscing the good old days in matrix. ÜÜ

looks like you're having a blast there! im gonna link you up in my blog ok? Ü