Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Sunday

Last night Sacha and I had dinner at Rose's place in Strathfield where she coooked this Thai/Korean dish, noodles with peanut sauce and pork with lots of vegetables that I didn't eat. Met her friend Stephanie, who is in her thirties but young at heart and full of adventure. She has a lot to say always and has a bit of a take-over/overwhelmingly gregarious personality in the start (possibly because she's spanish) but you get used to it and is really fun.

After dinner we went to see Once You're Born You can No Longer Hide at the Italian film festival in Leichhardt. It was an excellent movie despite its length. It was about this rich italian kid - who was not stereotypical at all, but very very normal - who falls off a boat during a vacation, gets rescued by a refugee ship as it is moving from greece to italy and what happens to him and the people on board, particularly two people he meets on it and the relationships he develops with the characters. The actors and actresses were excellent in the movie and the characterisation was suberbly portrayed.

I've seen two movies at the festival, this one and Manual of Love which was a romantic comedy in the vein of Love Actually and wonderfully hilarious.

We met Rose's other friend Mos, who is Mexican and seems supremely gay but says he's not. He finished with a degree in psychology at sydney uni, taught ballroom dancing in LA and has just gotten back and is looking for a job. Rose met him over the internet and they've become quite good friends. Sacha brought Luke and her other friend Dominic, who is french-canadian but originally from Poland and is taking his masters or Phd in engineering. Both Mos and Dominic were very funny.

We capped the night off with a drink at the Royal and then everyone walked me home before leaving.

Today I have decided to do my morning thing, finish taking notes for something go down the road to get some meat, make myself shepard's pie for lunch and continue studying some more! Let's hope all goes as planned.

I am dreaming of buying a blender. I am trying not to have so much coffee and to be healthier so instead I have decided it would be good to just make smoothies with yoghurt! And so I need a blender. First need to figure out how much it will cost, and if its within budget as of now.

Off to start my day now!

1 comment:

duke said...

oh my lars! Smoothies have more calories than coffee!